A Silent Social Worker, a Youth Icon engaged in serving the helpless, disadvantaged and downtrodden section society to bring joy in their lives and smile on their faces, Dr. Kuldip Maity took over as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Village Financial Services in 2006.
Under his leadership and guidance, Village Financial Services reached new heights and recognition both nationally and internationally, receiving multiple awards as a token of appreciation.
Dr. Maity started his career in 1998, as the Asst. Secretary of Village Welfare Society Kolkata, West Bengal, one of the oldest NGOs in West Bengal engaged in different welfare activities for society like Old Age Home, Day Care Centre, Village Model School, Blood Donation Camp, Free Health & Eye Check Up, Cancer Detection Centre, Mobile Clinic, etc.
His business acumen and sincerity towards the betterment of the lesser fortunate segment of the society did not go unnoticed.
In 2004, he co-founded and joined as director of Village Micro Credit Services, Kolkata, West Bengal, a not-for-profit company (U/S 25 of the Companies Act 1956) and engaged in ‘Financial Inclusion’ under Banking Correspondence Model.
His academic background of being a Doctorate coupled with degrees of Masters in Business Administration and Masters in Social Work reflects in his leadership in VFS, where he drives the mandate of ensuring that the organization gives priority to the alleviation of poverty among rural India, especially women.
Mr. Kuldip Maity is associated with various association of microfinance in India like Sa-Dhan, AMFI, MFIN, ACCESS, etc. He is an ex-Board member of Sa-Dhan and Founder Member in AMFI West Bengal.
- “Manager of the Year” by Europe Business Assembly and Socrates Committee.
- “Rashtra Pratibha Puraskar” by Integrated Council for Socio-economic Progress
- “Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award” by The Indian Solidarity Council
- “Vijay Ratan Award” by International Institute of Education & Management
- “Outstanding Achievement Award” for Social/Public Services from Global Achievers Foundation
- “Global Visionary Award” from Vision World Academy