Ms. Jayshree Vyas, a professionally qualified Chartered Accountant has been working as the Managing Director of Shree Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank, Ahmedabad since 1986 which has more than 5,00,000 women clients. During her tenure she has taken active steps to introduce and operate an Integrated Micro Insurance Scheme for women working in the informal sector. This scheme was introduced for the first time in the country and in a short period of three years covered more than 150,000 women. She has also devised and implemented various housing finance schemes, which have been accessed by over 20,000 poor women. She has introduced, organized and managed savings groups of poor women in more than 5000 villages in nine districts of Gujarat. This scheme has helped more than 150,000 women start saving for the first time in their lives, and availed credit facilities for coming out of the vicious circle of Poverty. In addition, she has prepared modules and manuals for providing training for running effective saving and credit programs for various national voluntary organizations involved in similar activity.
In the year 2001, financial literacy programme was introduced in Sewa Bank, first of its kind in India at initiative of Ms. Jayshree Vyas.
In the year 2006, Micro Pension Scheme was introduced for Sewa Bank Members (Unorganized sector workers) under her leadership.
Some of her key appointments include:
- Executive Director in Indian School of Micro finance for women (ISMW, Ahmedabad).
- Board Director in Ananya Finance for Inclusive Growth Pvt. Ltd.
- Board Director in TFC (Trade Facilitation Center).
- Board Director of BSS Microfinance Private Limited.
- Managing Trustee of Mahila Housing Trust.
- Board Director of Gujarat Urban Cooperative Bank Federation.
- Member of Advisory Committee of SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India)- Investors. Protection and Education Fund (IPEF).